photo: Chelsea Petrakis
PWNW PUBLIC ACCESS: rent our space for your performance
Note: Due to concerns with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the studio will remain closed for performances at least through June. Please check back as you can. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PWNW is happy to offer its space for performance rentals as they fit into our studio and personal schedules.
Preference given to projects that align with our mission to advance the performing arts of the Pacific Northwest, engaging artists and audiences fully in the process of experimentation, creation and dialog around the presentation of contemporary performance.
Performances & rehearsals in our space need sets that can be mostly cleared/broken down between each use so that others may use the space. No nailing or screwing into the floor. Sharp edges on objects need protection (felt, rubber) that dance floor is kept unharmed. NO TAP SHOES OR SPIKE HEELS!
A LA CARTE
Single performance = $160 (up to 5 hours in the space)
Additional hours on performance day = $16/hour
Each additional performance = $120
Two performances on same day (up to 10 continuous hours in the space) = $225
Technical rehearsal (use of lights/backstage) = $16/hour
WEEKLY PACKAGE—best deal!
$550/week, with strike each evening
Up to 35 hours space within a 7 day week use for load-in, rehearsals, tech rehearsal and performances, as available within the 7-day week).
Examples: 4 performances + 15 hours rehearsal/tech, or 3 performances + 20 hours rehearsal/tech
Discounts are negotiable for multi-week runs, if available
Use of video projector = $3 per performance/rehearsal or $15/week
ABOUT OUR SPACE
- The PWNW space is a 30 x 40 room with audience risers at one end. The risers are two levels making three rows of chairs with the lowest row on the floor.
- 44 contoured vinyl chairs plus 5 higher stools with backs.
- The performance area is about 30 feet wide by 25 feet deep. The walls and ceiling are white. There are black curtains that can cover the side and back walls for something closer to a black box effect.
- The ceiling is about 11 feet high at center and curves down to 8 feet on either side.
- There is no lobby. One steps right into the space from our porch. For ticketing, a folding table is available that can be removed at curtain time.
- Space is wheelchair accessible but there is no accessible bathroom.
- Performance rental includes use of space, sound and light equipment, risers, chairs, and use of backstage/apartment area.
- Rental does not include box office service, box office staff or tech or design crew.
TECH INFO: Click here for a PDF of the house rep plot
24 channel Leprecon 2-scene present memory board and 24 dimmers. Lighting instruments include
- 2 Source Fours [36 deg.]
- 6 Source Four Jrs. [36 deg.]
- 6 Source Four Jrs. [50 deg.]
- 7 fresnels
- A few 6×9 ellipsoidals
- 4 Luxium ZR30 RGBW LEDs, 1800 Lumen
Lighting positions are available on unistrut strips with high front, side, back and overhead positions. There are a few floor bases as well.
PWNW has a lighting rep plot hung in the space. Any changes or additions to the rep plot need to be approved by Technical Director Jeff Forbes.
12 channel Mackie mixer and two powered JBL Eon 10 in. speakers. Input for laptop or other devices. CD/DVD player (Haven’t used in years, but it’s around!). Two mics, a boom mic stand, a desktop mic stand and cable. No piano.
Optoma HD25-LV hung from the ceiling and projecting onto the white upstage wall.