PERFORMANCE RENTALS AT PWNW
PWNW is happy to offer its space for performance rentals as they fit into our studio and personal schedules.
Preference given to projects that align with our mission to advance the performing arts of the Pacific Northwest, engaging artists and audiences fully in the process of experimentation, creation and dialog around the presentation of contemporary performance.
Performances & rehearsals in our space need sets that can be mostly cleared/broken down between each use so that others may use the space. No nailing or screwing into the floor. Sharp edges on objects need protection (felt, rubber) that dance floor is kept unharmed. NO TAP SHOES OR SPIKE HEELS!
RATES AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2015
A LA CARTE
1 performance = $130
Each added performance = $100
Tech rehearsal = $12/hr
Use of video projector = $5 per day $20 per week
3 performances + 15 hours tech rehearsal in the week preceding show= $450 ($60 savings)
Each additional performance = $80
Additional tech hours = $10/hr
Additional rehearsal hours in the month preceding show = $8/hr
$25/hr. in the space from load-in to load-out
+ $50 cleaning and facility manager fee
- The PWNW space is a 30 x 40 room with audience risers at one end. The risers are two levels making three rows of chairs with the lowest row on the floor.
- 44 contoured vinyl chairs plus 7 higher stools with backs.
- The performance area is about 30 feet wide by 25 feet deep. The walls and ceiling are white. There are black curtains that can cover the side and back walls for something closer to a black box effect.
- The ceiling is about 11 feet high at center and curves down to 8 feet on either side.
- There is no lobby. One steps right into the space from our porch. For ticketing, a folding table is available that can be removed at curtain time.
- Space is wheelchair accessible but there is no accessible bathroom.
- Performance rental includes use of space, sound and light equipment, risers, chairs, and use of backstage/apartment area.
- Rental does not include box office service, box office staff or tech or design crew. Publicity help consists of short blurbs in our e-news and our events blog here at pwnw-pdx.org — IF the info is submitted in a timely fashion.
- 2 Source Fours [36 deg]
- 6 Source Four Jrs. [36 deg.]
- 6 Source Four Jrs. [50 deg]
- 7 fresnels
- A few 6×9 ellipsoidals
- 4 Luxium ZR30 RGBW LEDs, 1800 Lumen
Lighting positions are available on unistrut strips wiht high front, side, back and overhead positions.
There are a few floor bases as well.
PWNW has a lighting rep plot hung in the space. Any changes or additions to the rep plot need to be approved by Technical Director Jeff Forbes.
12 channel Mackie mixer and two powered JBL Eon 10in. speakers. Input for laptop or mp3 player.CD/DVD player. One mic. No piano.
Optoma HD25-LV hung from the ceiling and projecting onto the white upstage wall.