photo: Chelsea Petrakis
PWNW PUBLIC ACCESS: rent our space for your performance
DUE TO PROJECTED RENOVATION THAT WILL AFFECT THE STUDIO, WE ARE NOT BOOKING ANY PERFORMANCES FROM MID-FEBRUARY TO MID-JULY 2023.
PWNW is happy to offer its space for performance rentals at below-market rates if it fits into our studio and personal schedules.
Preference given to projects that align with our mission to advance the performing arts of the Pacific Northwest, engaging artists and audiences fully in the process of experimentation, creation and dialog around the presentation of contemporary performance.
We are currently booking performances in our space, 25-40 audience members, depending on the size of cast and crew. Fire marshal stipulates 49 people total in the studio. Audiences, staff, and crew must wear masks. Unmasked performers must test negative on a PCR test within 72 hours of the first performance, or a rapid antigen test the day of the show. During a run, performers must test at least every other day. Curative provides free Covid testing to all, and is offering 2-hour PCR tests at their Oregon Convention Center site.
PWNW must be notified immediately if a cast or crew member tests positive during a run. We reserve the right to cancel remaining performances depending on the circumstances.
- On the Day View, an edged white box means space is already booked. Light gray area with lines means it’s available.
- On the Month or List View, times listed with a dot next to them are unavailable.
A LA CARTE
Single performance = $160 (up to 5 hours in the space)
Additional hours on performance day = $16/hour
Each additional performance = $120
Two performances on same day (up to 10 continuous hours in the space) = $225
Technical rehearsal (use of lights/backstage) = $16/hour
WEEKLY PACKAGE—best deal!
$550/week, with strike each evening
Up to 35 hours space within a 7 day week use for load-in, rehearsals, tech rehearsal and performances, as available within the 7-day week).
Examples: 4 performances + 15 hours rehearsal/tech, or 3 performances + 20 hours rehearsal/tech
Includes use of lighting, projector, and off-stage spaces, and simple tech help or consultation from staff: $18/hour
NOTE: If you are charging admission, this is NOT an informal showing. \
Discounts are negotiable for multi-week runs, if available
Use of video projector = $3 per performance/rehearsal or $15/week
ABOUT OUR SPACE
- The PWNW space is a 30 x 40 room with audience risers at one end. The risers are two levels making three rows of chairs with the lowest row on the floor.
- 44 contoured vinyl chairs plus 5 higher stools with backs.
- The performance area is about 30 feet wide by 25 feet deep. The walls and ceiling are white. There are black curtains that can cover the side and back walls for something closer to a black box effect.
- The ceiling is about 11 feet high at center and curves down to 8 feet on either side.
- There is no lobby. One steps right into the space from our porch. For ticketing, a folding table is available that can be removed at curtain time.
- Space is wheelchair accessible but there is no accessible bathroom.
- Performance rental includes use of space, sound and light equipment, risers, chairs, and use of backstage/apartment area.
- Rental does not include ticketing, box office service, box office staff or tech or design crew. Contact us if you would like to add on any of these, price negotiable depending on scope of work.
Sets for performances & rehearsals in our space need to be broken down and cleared from the dance floor between each use so that others may use the studio for rehearsal. No nailing or screwing into the floor. Sharp edges on objects need protection (felt, rubber) that dance floor is kept unharmed. NO TAP SHOES OR SPIKE HEELS!
TECH INFO: Click here for a PDF of the house rep plot
24 channel Leprecon 2-scene present memory board and 24 dimmers. Lighting instruments include
- 2 Source Fours [36 deg.]
- 6 Source Four Jrs. [36 deg.]
- 6 Source Four Jrs. [50 deg.]
- 7 fresnels
- A few 6×9 ellipsoidals
- 4 Luxium ZR30 RGBW LEDs, 1800 Lumen
Lighting positions are available on unistrut strips with high front, side, back and overhead positions. There are a few floor bases as well.
PWNW has a lighting rep plot hung in the space. Any changes or additions to the rep plot need to be approved by Technical Director Jeff Forbes.
12 channel Mackie mixer and two powered JBL Eon 10 in. speakers. Input for laptop or other devices. CD/DVD player (Haven’t used in years, but it’s around!). Two Shure mics, 2 boom mic stands, a desktop mic stand and cable. No piano.
Optoma ZH406 4500-Lumen Laser DLP Projector is ceiling mounted and projects onto the white upstage wall.