The Extradition Series 2019 Summer Concert will take place at PWNW on Saturday, July 27, 2019, featuring five intimate works of experimental music.
Saturday, July 27, 2019
Doors 7pm, music 7:30pm
Tickets at door, $10–$20
Refreshments will be served during intermission.
A PWNW Hosted Production
- Eva-Maria Houben, “The Crickets of Raspberry Island” (2014), performed by Lee Elderton (clarinet), Matt Hannafin (sustaining sound), Branic Howard (sustaining sound)
- Angharad Davies, “Cofnod Pen Bore” (2012), performed by Annie Gilbert (voice), Matt Hannafin (stones), Branic Howard (electronics), Margaret McNeal (voice), and Stephanie Lavon Trotter (voice)
- Lo Wie, “Score for 3 Performers” (2015), performed by Alissa DeRubeis (electronics), Juniana Lanning (electronics), Caspar Sonnet (dobro)
- Alvin Lucier, “The Sacred Fox” (1994), performed by Matt Hannafin (voice + resonant vessels)
- Brian Moran & Linda Austin, “15 Minutes @ PS122/PWNW” (2005/2019), performed by Linda Austin (dance). The performance by Linda Austin will be a recreation of a 2005 performance by New York dancer and electronics player Brian Moran, utilizing Moran’s original accompanying audio track merged with new audio by Austin.
The Extradition Series presents concerts and recitals that exist at the intersection of composition and improvisation, chance and intentionality, clarity and silence. The series is curated and directed by Matt Hannafin and presented by the Creative Music Guild.