INFO ABOUT HOW TO ACCESS THE SPACE AVAILABLE AFTER BOOKING
Arriving and Leaving: The space is rented by the hour and we sadly do not have a lobby. Please don’t enter the space until the hour of your booking, unless you have checked the calendar that day to make sure the space is free. If you or your group members need to consistently arrive 15 minutes before your session begins, include that time as part of your booking. Also please plan to end your session so that you are leaving at the moment your booking ends. Most of the time this exactitude may not matter, but another person may have scheduled the space on either side of your time, and we want to be fair.
Wireless: Network = PWNW || Password = boris2natasha
Switches for lights and fan are just inside next to office door.
Ceiling Fan– Usually ceiling fan is enough for cooling. During hot summer days you may want to add the air conditioner.
Heat/AC There is a remote that operates the two heat pump/AC units on the wall above the seating platforms. There is a manual as well. WINTER: DON’T TURN HEAT OFF. Just turn down to 62 degrees upon leaving. SUMMER: Turn AC Off when you leave.
Bathroom is through the kitchen, which is the far door to the right as you enter–no need to knock! Once in the kitchen bathroom door is then to your right. Light switch is to your right and sometimes hard to find because of décor, but it’s right there.
Floor: Barefoot or CLEAN soft or leather shoes. No spike heels, tap shoes. Don’t wear shoes that leave black marks.
Cleanliness etc: Dustbroom is in the corner by the risers.There should be a dustpan & brush there also—or in the kitchen. Clean up all food mess: spills, crumbs etc. Paper towels in kitchen and rags in the bathroom under the sink.
Recycling: There is a BLUE recycle bin outside the studio for paper, plastic bottles and metal. Food scraps go in GREEN bin outside. There is also a bin for garbage and non-recyclables. Leave glass bottles in kitchen sink.
Leaving: Put chairs etc. back where you found them. Close any open windows and doors to kitchen office
USING THE SOUND SYSTEM (there should be a copy of these directions next to the mixer)
TO TURN ON:
1. Connect your ipod or other external device with the cable hanging out of the Mixer.
2. Turn on Mixer–switch on back next to power cord.
3. Turn on on the power strip by the kitchen door. This will power up the speakers hanging from ceilings in the “upstage” corners. If by some chance someone has switched speaker itself off, the switch is on back of the speaker next to power cord.
4. Master faders on right side of Mixer need to be up.
5. Adjust volume with the fader on the mixer that corresponds to the cable you have used
TO TURN OFF:
1. MIXER: Bring all faders down to 0. [except if taped at a specific level for a show]
2. Turn off SPEAKERS.
3. Turn off MIXER.
4. Remove your device.